A winery founded in 1999 by Nicola Marcionetti who was then joined by his brother Raffaele and then his sister Eliana. You will also have the chance to meet their parents since the estate has been in the family for several years.
“Settemaggio”, a name that makes you want to get up and dance and celebrate the birth of Raffaele.
The Cantina Settemaggio not only offers a wide range of wines, but also fruits and vegetables. Being farmers and winemakers, they have of course the spirit of entrepreneurs along with the deep passion required to work the land and terroir. The Cantina is one of the Top 100 Gault & Millau Swiss winemakers.
The vineyards stretch from Tenero on the shores of Lake Maggiore to northern Ticino in Giornico. Some of the vines prosper by being on the lowlands and the others on the hillside, but both are on the south-west side, the climatic conditions are perfect! A lot of the work carried out on the 7 ha parcel is by hand.
Discovering the wines of Cantina Settemaggio
At Marcionetti’s, the work is guided by their desire to design and offer quality wines, which are different and original in respect of nature and terroir. Visit the winery to discover niche products such as a 100% Marselan wine and other award-winning wines.
Among their 10 wines, we note:
- The “Réserve spéciale des patrons L’Amiis”: a 100% Merlot produced only in the best vintages in small quantities (300-400 bottles), intended for their loyal clients who wish a rare gift.
- Gamedio is the so-called “innovative” wine of the Cantina: composed of Galotta and resistant red varieties that reduce phytosanitary treatments. Perfect with risotto, polenta or cold meats and cheeses.
The favourite wine of Cantina Settemaggio
“VINDALA, is the N°1 vintage!” so states Eliana.
A wine composed of 80% of the best Merlot grapes located on old terraced vineyards, completed by 20% of Marselan and Carminoir, which are aged in oak barrels for 2 years. After bottling, it is kept for another 6 months in Cantina Settemaggio before being available for sale.
The Vindala is perfect with game or a matured Ticinese alpine cheese. It’s an exclusive wine!
Some ideas for activities near Monte Carasso in Ticino
As the Cantina Settemaggio in Monte Carasso is 2km from Bellinzona, there are many activities for both friends and families.
“Everything is magic in Ticino!” Eliana enthuses. We have something to satisfy everyone’s taste:
- The valleys: Piora and its excellent PGI cheese or Valle Bedretto.
- Lake Maggiore which is more popular with the tourists than the valleys and has many restaurants and a Spa
- Walk on Monte Carasso mountains via Curzutt to Mornera
During your visit, ask for a restaurant according to your tastes (from high gastronomy to extreme simplicity), Eliana or her mother, Anna, will only be too pleased to advise you. You will love their accent!
Contact them now to organise your wine tasting at Cantina Settemaggio.