Obrist is a producer and trader in Swiss and foreign wines. Its Vevey head office is home to Vinaria. Founding member of the Clos, Domaines et Châteaux Association, Obrist operates 83 hectares of vineyards in the Vaud region.
We met Anne-Marie Schlup, marketing manager, Daniel Guignet, head of Vinaria, and Léonard Pfister, chief oenologist.
History of the Obrist house
In 1854, Emmanuel Obrist founded the wine house in Vevey. His son, Emile Obrist developed the house to make it what it is today, by buying several estates, the first being the Cure d’Attalens.
Discover Obrist’s estates at Vinaria
Vinaria is a sales, tasting and advisory centre. Discover the estates’ wines:
- Two estates, members of Clos Domaines et Châteaux: Clos du Rocher, Château de Chardonne.
- Another Obrist estate: Cure d’Attalens
- Obrist exclusive wines: Domaine de Autecour, Château de Vinzel and Domaine du Manoir (founding members of Clos, Domaines & Châteaux) and Domaine de La Banderolle.
Discover and taste Obrist wines
With more than 350 references, Obrist is one of the largest open vinothèques (wine shops) in French-speaking Switzerland. To ensure the quality and to understand the wines better, the wines are tasted by a committee.
Obrist wines are available on the online shop and at the Vinaria. You can also enjoy them in many restaurants.
Food-wine pairing and the house favourites
- For your aperitifs: Château de Chardonne 1st Grand Cru or Œil-de-Perdrix Domaine du Manoir Grand Cru.
- For your barbecues: Plant Robert Domaine de Autecour Grand Cru.
- For Easter: Merlot Château de Vinzel
- With game: Réserve of Domaine du Manoir Grand Cru
- End-of-year celebrations: Clos du Rocher Grand Cru, Yvorne, Chablais AOC (white wine) – Old vintage
Léonard Pfister’s favourite wine is the Clos du Rocher Rouge Grand Cru because of its complexity, the history of the estate and the creation of this vintage.
Events during the year
Every year, Obrist invites their clients to visit one of the estates’ vineyards and cellars.
- Vaud and Valais Open cellars
- Fairs: Divinum, Foire du Valais, olma, Expovina, Arvinis, BEA…
- Wine and Dine
Activities in and around Vevey
Before or after a visit to Vinaria:
- City visits: Vevey market, walk in the old town of Vevey and along the quayside.
- Walks: from the cellar in Vevey, pass through the historic village of Corsier to Chaplin’s World. Along the way, do not miss the places of rest of Graham Green and Charles Chaplin, the Charles Chaplin Park and the Cure d’Attalens.
- Museums: Alimentarium, Chaplin’s World, Jenisch Museum, Museum of Photography
- Restaurants and hotels:
- In Vevey: Hotel Astra, Hostellerie de Genève, La Station du Léman, Grand Hotel du Lac, Modern Times
- In Corseaux: Hostellerie de Châtonneyre
- In Clarens: Hotel Ermitage