Take advantage of Fully’s excellent restaurants, mountain trails and various group activities in and around the vineyards of the Domaine de la Rodeline.
Claudine and Yvon Roduit, driven by their passion for the terroir and entrepreneurship, developed the family vineyards of the Domaine de la Rodeline in Fully.
The estate is made up of 6 hectares of vineyards in Fully, a small part of which is in Leytron. The Roduit partnership, as Yvon says, has worked with vines all their life, but not with wine. Claudine has always been passionate; some parcels were originally in her family. Yvon is self-taught and surrounds himself with the right people, if necessary, to develop his domain or to continue to improve the quality of the wine and strive to find the ideal soil-grape variety balance.
The Rodeline wines, must-have specialities of Fully
Domaine de la Rodeline in Fully offers a selection of mainly single grape variety wines and some blended wines. Valais specialities, the famous Petite Arvine of Fully, Humagne Blanc, Paien (Heida), Marsanne, Syrah, Cornalin, etc. are also included.
“Wine is for those special moments in life: sharing, with friends. For example, I always take a Gamay with me in my backpack for my mountain walks. This is an opportunity to share the spirit of our terroir and our wines.” Yvon tells us about his Gamay les Terrasses de Claudine.
His favourite wine: a Petite Arvine, La Murgère with langoustines, while Claudine has a soft spot for Serine, old vine Syrah.
Walks with family or friends in Valais near Fully
Being a mountain enthusiast, Yvon recommends:
- A semi-touristic trail on the heights of Ovronnaz: the Seya is ideal in May-June with its wonderful display of flowers. It is a splendid mountain trail facing the four-thousanders.
- The mythical Grand Chavalard
And then, if you want to taste some wine at the Rodeline, you must take time out to pass through La Combe d’Enfer for a tasting.
Wine tourism activities with Yvon Roduit around the Domaine de la Rodeline
Various programmes will delight your curiosity and make you feel at one with nature, for example:
- Discovery of the flora and geology of Mont de Fully with a mountain guide and/or Yvon.
- A climb to the mountain pastures, a day of wine tasting, mixture of cattle, and traditional “Combat des Reines” (cow fights) to end with a raclette in Ovronnaz.
Where to eat and stay in Fully during your visit in Valais
Epicureans, Yvon and Claudine recommend several restaurants for all tastes:
- The Relais des Chasseurs in Chiboz: not to be missed in the summer or after hunting
- The Corner in Fully: regional cuisine and wines from Fully
- The Nouvo Bourg in Saillon: gourmet restaurant in the heart of the village
- The Terre et Mer in Martigny: creative and fine cuisine
- The Vieux Valais in Ovronnaz: excellent table with a magnificent terrace.
And to stay overnight:
- The Hôtel de Fully: an excellent choice
- The Relais des Chasseurs in Chiboz: a few rooms available during the summer.
Fully, the Combe d’Enfer, its terraced vineyards and Rodeline wines… we hope you will enjoy this region as much as we do.
Before planning your visit to the Domaine de La Rodeline, we recommend you telephone.